
The mosque was built in the 15th
century near the grave of the righteous Ukkosh on the ancient Samarkand Darvaza
Street. According to other sources, the mosque contains a hair of the
Naqshbandi saint Ikkash or Akkosh (Ukkosh).
There was once a water source there,
a spring visited by numerous pilgrims.
During Soviet times, the mosque stood dilapidated. It was reconstructed after independence, but almost nothing remains of its former appearance. It is separated from the new road by nine-story buildings.
Photo by Tashkent Retrospective

The Yaushev brothers, merchants from a Tatar princely family, built a trading house in 1911 based o...

Once, this place was called Asakin Square — a major transport hub and one of the city’s main landma...

The Tole-biy Mausoleum (or Kaldyrgach-biy Mausoleum) is one of the most famous landmarks in Uzbekis...

The building of the former Republican House of Consumer Cooperation (“Uzbekbir lashuv”) was const...