
The well-known building on Broadway (Sayilgoh Street) in Tashkent, which now houses the Ministry of Justice, was built in the constructivist style in 1927 by architect G. Bauer.
Over the years, various organizations were
located in the building: initially, it served as a dormitory for students of
the Central Asian Communist University (SACU), later it housed the Stalin
Higher Communist Agricultural School. During World War II, a hospital was
located here, followed by a party school. In the 1960s–1970s, the kolkhoz
archive operated here.
Unfortunately, the building’s appearance is
marred by awnings, glazing, and other structures unacceptable for a
constructivist-era architectural monument.

The Roman Catholic Cathedral of the Sacred Heart of Jesus began construction in 1912 on the high ba...
The building of the National Centre of Archaeology (previously known as the Institute of Oriental M...

The Central Telegraph building is one of the most beautiful in Tashkent. It is part of the “Stalin-...

The Kukeldash Madrasah is located on a hill in Chorsu Square and looks majestic even despite its cl...