
Tashkent residents are well familiar with the three-story brick building with a rounded corner to the left of СUM. It was built in 1920 by architect Leonid Voronin for the “Sredazugol” organization.
In the 1940s–1950s, the Chemical Faculty of the
Polytechnic Institute was located here.
Many call this building the “Architecture
Faculty,” as it indeed housed the faculty starting from 1966.
Later, the Architecture Faculty of the
Polytechnic Institute became part of the Architecture and Construction
Institute and moved to another building.
Currently, the National Center for Human Rights
of the Republic of Uzbekistan is located here.
The building has been reconstructed, with window
frames replaced by plastic ones, which has spoiled its original appearance.

The beautiful building with a semi-circular facade was constructed in 1938 by Moscow architects A. ...

The white, modest yet highly expressive building of the college was constructed in 1984 on a hill b...

The botanist and pharmacist Hieronymus Ivanovich Krause arrived in Tashkent in 1870 and began worki...

The Sheikhantahur Mausoleum (Sheikh Khavendi at-Tahur) is the main shrine of the Sheikhantahur arch...